The Phoenix Thunderbirds have been an integral part of the Valley of the Sun since 1937. Although, better known as the host organization for the Waste Management Phoenix Open we are equally proud of our contribution to charity.
In 1986 Thunderbirds Charities, a 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation was established for the purpose of distributing money to charitable causes.
Funds are raised through the Waste Management Phoenix Open and direct gifts to Thunderbirds Charities. The tremendous support of our community allows us to achieve our charitable goals.
The mission of Thunderbirds Charities is to assist children and families, help people in need and improve the quality of life in our communities. Our charitable giving will be directed toward organizations based or with a significant presence in Arizona.
Thunderbirds Charities Funding Eligibility
As stated above, the mission of Thunderbirds Charities is to assist families, children, and others in need and to improve the quality of life in Arizona communities through donations to Arizona based organizations. Thunderbirds Charities reserves the right to accept or reject any application and to approve or disapprove any proposal for funding. Thunderbirds Charities also reserves the right to change the application criteria at any time. Please refer to the list below for funding guidelines. Other guidelines may apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Thunderbirds Charities currently does not provide funding to any of the following organizations or activities:
- A nonprofit organization whose 501 (c) (3) status has been in operation for less than three years.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, disability or veteran status.
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations.
- Advocacy or lobbying activities for issue related topics.
- Medical or scientific research.
- Endowments, Fellowships or Scholarships (for college purposes).
- Religious organizations, churches or programs that are purely denominational in purpose.
- Foundations or organizations, which are themselves, grant-making entities.
- Individual schools and their support organizations (including Booster Clubs, PTA/PTO’s, athletic teams, bands, performing arts groups, alumni associations reunions or school foundations) .
- Debt reduction campaigns.
- General operating needs or ongoing support.
- Project’s / Program’s outside of Maricopa County, unless the project / program serves primarily Maricopa County residents.
Thunderbirds Charities Funding Deadlines
Thunderbirds Charities has two cycles per fiscal year, with specific deadlines targeted to each. Thunderbirds Charities fiscal year runs June 1st – May 31st.
Online Application Portal
The Spring Funding Cycle application portal is NOW OPEN. Proposals will be accepted on or before the due date. Thunderbirds Charities appreciates those organizations that submit prior to the deadline.
All materials must be received electronically no later than 5:00pm (MST) on March 1, 2015 the day of the deadline. Thunderbirds Charities makes no exceptions.
|[button align=”right” color=”light green” caption=”Create a New Application|
Click Here” link=”https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1780/Default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35005&SESID=45852&RL=” target=”_blank”]
|[button align=”left” color=”light green” caption=”Find a Saved Application|
Click Here” link=”https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1780/?SA=AM” target=”_blank”]