Natural Resources Conservation
The Waste Management Phoenix Open implements conservation measures to ensure that water is used responsibly and limits pressures on the municipal water supply.
- 5,775 gallons of grey water capture for reuse in portable toilets.
- 75 million gallons of water to the Colorado River Basin and the Verde River in Arizona with The Thunderbirds, M’s Catering and Kohler.
- 236 million gallons restored over the last four years through Change the Course.
- Solar-powered compactors, lights and other equipment is utilized throughout the course.
- 100% of electricity provided by renewable energy.
- 720 MtCO2e tons offset through Envirofit International’s clean cookstove program, exceeding emissions from all tournament operations (115 MtCO2e) and player travel (66 MtCO2e) while supporting 10 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To learn more about material management and waste diversion at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit ThinkGreen.com.