Managing Materials for Zero Waste
- 100% of all tournament materials diverted from the landfill.
- Three Zero Waste Stations, repurposed 40-cubic yard roll-off dumpsters transformed into eye-catching kiosks with an interactive game, teach fans how to recycle and compost.
- All materials brought on site must be locally reused, recycled, or composted.
- Procurement, Reuse and Donation
- 84% of the 2017 signage is being stored for potential reuse
- Over 90% of paper badges are printed on paper made of 50% total recovered fiber
- All paper materials were Forest Stewardship Council Certified
- Reused 144,000 golf balls in the WM logo water feature
- Vendors donated 23,500 pounds of unused, perishable food to local organizations
To learn more about material management and waste diversion at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit ThinkGreen.com.