The WMPO has a positive social impact on the local community with programs throughout the week.
- 312 students participated in the Standard Bearer Program and over 450 students from four school districts participated in the R.S. Hoyt Jr. Family Foundation Dream Day.
- Differently-abled and disabled individuals participated in the CBS Outdoor Special Olympics Open.
- Free entry was provided to all law enforcement, firefighters, emergency services, as well as active, reserve and retired military personnel; the Patriots’ Outpost has free food and drinks for all military personnel and their guests, along with a great view of the 18th Hole.
- $10+ million raised for for charity in 2017 with donations to more than 200 different organizations and community improvement projects throughout the year.
- “Green Out Day” raised $100,000 for three environmental groups.
- Free expo booth space provided for one non-profit organization daily in the WMPO Expo Booth through Birdies for Charity.
To learn more about the benefiting charities, please visit The Thunderbirds Charities website.